Monday, December 31, 2012

The Most Inspiring Moment I Experienced in 2012

The place: my living room
The time: just before nap time
The company: the prettiest girl I know, my 2 year old niece Grace

Gracie found some soft blankets and asked me to lay on the floor with her to take a (pretend) nap. We snuggled up in stadium blankets (featuring our favorite NFL teams) with baby burp cloths under our heads. After a few times repeating the conversation "So how was your day? So what did you do today?" Gracie jumped up and pointed at the ceiling.

"The sky is so high! I am going to jump very high and jump up there."

I laughed. "Go for it," I encouraged her anticipating the lesson I'd give her on gravity, height, and the impossibility of her tiny self jumping to touch the 7 ft ceiling. She hopped and let out a big sigh. "You missed!" I told her, "You are too small."

"No," she replied, "I can touch it. I have to jump very high."

Attempt #2 was just like the first. It won't work," I told her, "You'll need help to do it." "No," she answered me. "I can jump and touch the sky that is very high. I just have to keep trying. I can do it, Justine. I just have to try again."

I love her. Grace, here's to you and never giving up. You taught me a big lesson. I love you very much little princess. :)

"Pictures" = photoshop: one of our bonding activities :)

No comments:

Post a Comment