Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bucket List

Hello Readers!

This blog is all about bettering yourself, growing as an individual, setting goals, and not being afraid of not dating. On my other blog, Cataloging the Search for True Feminism, I posted my bucket list. Sometimes when you write things down or say them out loud, it makes them more finite, and especially with goals that I hope to accomplish at some point in my life, there is no time to start like the present!


I debated placing my list of hopefully future accomplishments on the side margin of this blog like I did last time, but I noticed with the widget I used there was no strike through feature, so I couldn't even cross them off as I went! Until further notice (or unless any of you other bloggers can help a neophyte like me), I am just going to list my items here and come back to cross them off as I accomplish them.


I think it is important to set goals, to work towards a purpose, as I have mentioned many times before. Creating a bucket list can be a ton of fun, dreaming of things like "attend a royal wedding" or "own a Ferrari." As entertaining as it is to come up with anything I could ever possibly desire with the sky as the limit, I like to think I am a little more on the practical side. For my own bucket list, I tried to pick things that might actually happen... that way I could set tangible or small goals and work towards eventually crossing them off of the list.


Nobody likes to be told what to do, so I am merely throwing this out there as a fun and motivating suggestion to self-motivate and remind yourself of the richness of life and the wonderful things you are capable of... it's an extraordinary eye opener!


So without further ado,


JUSTINE'S BUCKET LIST:


  • Be someone's hero
  • Be the belle of the ball
  • Drive stick shift
  • Eat a baguette in France
  • Eat pizza in Sicily
  • Get kissed on a Ferris wheel
  • Go ice skating
  • Host a cocktail party
  • Join a book club
  • Learn French
  • Learn Spanish
  • Live in the south
  • Make it through a life-size maze
  • Paint a masterpiece
  • Play tennis
  • Run a half marathon
  • See a Broadway show
  • Solve a mystery
  • Write a book


1 comment:

  1. Hi Justine, I really like and agree with you on bettering yourself, growing as an individual etc.. and your happy smile is infectious!! :)

    It's a nice list of goals there.. Wanted to share that I’ve just completed an iPhone app (adream) where people can share their dreams and goals in a fun way. It’s my little dream to help others achieve theirs in this small way.. Let me know if it helps you :)

    Best, Ray
    http://twitter.com/raytanys

    adream – http://adre.am/app (iPhone app)

    ReplyDelete